Cat 6 Wiring Technique
Cat 6 is sixth generation cable in twisted pair cable category the full name of cat 6 cable is category 6 cable, it is used to transfer data from one device to other device, it is widely used for connecting two or more than two computer, so that a network can be establish between them and transfer of data can be possible without any inconvenience.
Cat 6 cables follow the stander of EIA/TIA known as Electronic Industries Association and Telecommunications Industry Association. The data transfer speed very important while wiring cables and it is totally depended on type of cable you are using so we should always use cat 6 cable it contains four pair of wire which is made up of copper and it is capable of transferring data up to 1000mbps.
Cat 6 wiring is one of the fastest and safest cabling system, and because of its data transfer speed most company prefer to use Cat 6 wiring. Cat 6 cable are designed for the use of faster data transfer purpose and therefore it is made by using high quality of material, and if you are using it for wiring purpose you should never think of its physical damage, because it is very soft so that you can easily bend it from any where in order to do wiring in any corner of your site.
Cat 6 cable contain four twisted wire within thicker cable core, which helps while doing the wiring of cat6 cables, it has very higher specification and therefore it is compatible with previous network cable type like cat 5 or cat 4. it uses RJ45 connector, which is 8 pin connector used to connect Ethernet port, you can do easy installation using Cat 6 wiring. The maximum recommended length allowed for Cat 6 cable is 100 meters, which is suitable for wiring to a maximum length.
With the help of given method you will be able to make a patch cable by which you can do wiring :
- Cut cover of the cable by making correct measurement about two inches from the end
- Now you have the four twisted pair wire, untwist all the wire
- You can align the wire according to color code, use wiring diagram to pinout the wires into the connector
- After alignment, make a clean cut of eight wires together about 1/2 of an inch from the end of the wires.
- Now carefully insert the wires into the RJ45 connector, place the connector pins facing up (towards you)
- Be sure that the color code combination is in proper order
- Use the crimping tool to crimp the modular plug
- Do the above step at the second end of the wire
Safe Wiring is now a challenging task for us, I hope you will able to resolve the problem of finding a suitable wiring technique.